Sunday, October 4, 2009

Long time, No Blog

Well, it has been a long time since I wrote anything in my blog. Life happens! It always seems to keep happening. I think the last I blogged was an upload from Photobucket. So let's see......

I am now 19 weeks pregnant with my fourth! Yes, quite a surprise for us. My sonogram is scheduled for this Friday so hopefully I will find out boy or girl. A whole lot of people are hoping for blue over here! With three girls, Michael is so outnumbered!

I lost my job in August. That was very hard. Not only did I lose my job, but my computer crashed (literally). A power surge in a sever thunderstorm took it out. I finally got it back just a few days ago. I found a job (not my dream job), but it's a job part time. It's better than unemployment.

Kayla and Emma started school. Kayla, third grade and Emma, Kindergarten. I cried so hard when the bus left first day. Pregnancy hormones or just being a mom, I don't know! Kayla is excelling so much faster than what I expected. The only complaint her teacher has is she needs to slow down. She finishes her work too quickly. Emma, on the other hand, will require speech therapy again this year as well as occupational therapy for her fine motor skills. I wa shoping she had surpassed this, but she is a tough lil' thing and doesn't let the small things hold her back. Otherwise, she is loving Kindergarten and doing very well.

I learned that a dear friend of mine is engaged to be married, landed her dream position, and is having a baby! Alot for her to take in at once. I was devastated to learn she had lost the baby and I wasn't there for her. This is a woman who has gone through so much medically in her life that this is one blow she didn't need. I have faith that she will have strength and perserverance to get through this. She has a great guy (from what I heard, I have yet to meet him) and a very supportive family. One I am glad to call my adopted family.

Like I said, life has happened over the past few months. We have had our gains, we have had our losses, but through it all I maintained my faith in the Lord above. Would I be lying if I said my faith teetered a bit? No, because at times I cried out Dear Lord, why me? But His answer came swiftly. I will not give you anything that you cannot handle My child. I am always here. Thank you Dear Lord for that!

1 comment:

  1. While life is so unpredictable we can rest assure in knowing that God isn't. Whenever we need Him, through the good and through the bad He is there rejoicing and crying with us. Yes, He only gives to us as much as we can handle, we can only do so much but He is the one who can do it ALL. What an awesome God we have! Hugs to you my friend!!

    Pamela
    I Am Well On My Way (aka Inspiration For The Soul)

    ReplyDelete