Thursday, April 23, 2009

New York State Department of Motor Vehicle

Need I say more? No, seriously....... I had an insurance lapse, but PAID my insurance. Little did I know they sent out a suspension notice on plates and my license. I never received it. Come to find out, the DMV does not forward mail. It is returned as "non deliverable". So, Lo and Behold, we are going to my fiance's father's for his birthday and we are passed in the opposite direction by the police. They have a plate reader. We pulled into the gas station (our first stop anyway) and he pulls in behind us. He says, "Are you aware your plates are suspended?" No, I wasn't. He take smy license. your license is also suspended...... REAL NICE! So, by the grace of the Lord, he lets me continue to my inlaws because I had all three kids in the car and I promise him I will stay put, but had to go to DMV first thing Monday (this happened on Friday). I go and tell them never got a notice, yadda yadda, well coem to find out, I cannot re register my vehcile until I have "served the full term of suspension. July 20th! I can drive, but I have to pay $85 for my license plus I paid a fee of $110 for a fine for the suspended plates. GREAT! So, I said why did I not get the notice? I filled out the ONLINE change of address form. Her reply, the system must have been down or you did not submit it properly. GREAT! So I am without a vehicle until July 20th. Here sits my car in my driveway and I can't use it. All because they did not forward my mail...... I need to move to a new state!

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of such a thing especially for a single working mom!! Unbelievable- you definitely need to move to a different state!

    I bet cost of living is lower some where else!
    May our Lord Jesus shine his face upon you and may you find favor in the sight of man- so that you can through this.
    In Jesus
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh now that is just wrong! Sorry you are in a catch 22 there :/

    ReplyDelete