Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Conversations With A Child

Last night I was at my daughters' soccer games. Emma was playing and Michael and I were playing "tag team" with the other two girls at the adjoining playground. It was my turn at the playground and the sun was setting so beautifully (if that's even a word)! While I was helping my baby girl Allison, only two years old climb, I couldn't help but stare at the sunset and think of Kayleigh. What is she doing in Heaven? When children pass away do their souls grow up immediately or do they age as they would here on Earth? My oldest, Kayla, noticed I was just kind of staring. And she says, "Hello Mommy, you there?" Waving her hand in front of my eyes. I said, "Yes honey, just thinking is all." Of course being a lil' wisenheimer she says, "You think too much." The girls then decide they are going to build sand castles. The playground is located on a bed of play sand. I help them build and start staring at the sun again. I found a rock and cleared sand until I found the wet part which is always buried underneath and wrote "Kayleigh Anne" in the sand and started to say a prayer for her and her family. This sparks Kayla's interest and she says, "Mommy, why did you spell my name wrong?" She is after all KAYLA ANNE. I said, "I didn't honey. I am saying a prayer for this lil' girl and her family. The sun is shining down on her name and I know God is looking over this family." She asks, "What happened? How little is this little girl?" I said, "It's hard to talk about this to you because you are only seven, but I know you understand things. Remember how mommy reads about other families who are in need or who need prayers and I pray for them? Well this lil' girl was born very tiny. She only weighed a pound. She never got to leave the hospital, but she fought to gain strength and get bigger, but she couldn't fight anymore. She was only eleven months old and she went to be with Jesus." Well her eyes got huge! She said, "I don't know what I would do if one of my sisters ever died." And she knelt down right next to me and said, "Dear God, please keep Kayleigh safe and warm. Please help her mommy and daddy not to be so sad. Let them feel Kayleigh in their hearts just like I feel my uncle in my heart." We think children are oblivious to situations, but between being emotional as it was constantly thinking about Lil' Kayleigh yesterday and then having my daughter saya prayer was SO big in my eyes. She only knew what I told her, but yet she cared enough to pray for the fmaily. That means SO much to me!!!! She may have her times where she doesn't listen and drives me batty, but she has a heart and she has shown it more than once. God Bless the Freeman's and God Bless all those who have prayed for them!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment